As an active member of the local community, wine industry and the broader global community, we believe we have a responsibility to pursue sustainable practices across all aspects of our business and be aware of the impacts of our actions.
Our environmental policy is to ensure we make the most efficient use of our limited resources. We are highly conscious of our responsibility towards our neighbours and the Onkaparinga National Park that we border. Current projects include:
- embracing the McLaren Vale Sustainable Winegrowing Australia program in our winery vineyards
- upgrading our refrigeration plant, thus minimising energy and water use
- using reclaimed water from the Willunga Basin Water Company to irrigate our vineyards
- increasing our rain catchment areas
- recycling winery waste water through our reed beds and back on to the vineyards
- composting winery marc and spreading it on our vineyards
- reducing chemical usage
- revegetating our Kangarilla vineyard creek line with local native species to improve the wildlife corridor
Chapel Hill is involved in various local activities, with team members active on local, state and industry committees and boards.