Recipe #12 – Salad Greens, Fruit and Nam Jim
Salad greens, fruit and Nam Jim dressing
Nam jim Dressing
- ¼ bunch coriander roots well washed chopped roughly
- 1 small clove garlic chopped roughly
- 1 knob ginger chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. light palm sugar
- ½ tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ small chilli (use a mild one if you don’t like hot food) chopped roughly
Place all of the ingredients into a blender and puree till the ingredients are finely chopped.
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 250g mixed lettuce
- Small piece of pineapple chopped roughly
- Small bunch of grapes sliced in half
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Mixed herbs
Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix the nam jim dressing through just before serving.
This salad is great with poached chicken or seafood mixed through. Tasty and very refreshing on a hot summers day.