This recipe featured in a recent vintage lunch and it was so good we had to share.
Roasted duck breast, green beans, radicchio and pickled cherries
- 4 duck breasts
- 300gm green beans
- 1 radicchio –
- 100gm almonds
- ¼ jar Chapel Hill pickled Adelaide Hills cherries – remove stones
- 4tbls lemon juice
- 2tbls Chapel Hill pickled cherry juice
- 3tbls Chapel Hill Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper
Heat oven to 180°C
- Place almonds on oven tray and roast in oven for 5 mins till golden then, remove.
- Score skin of breast and rub generously with flaked sea salt.
- Heat heavy based oven proof fry pan on low and cook duck breast for 5 mins skin side down.
- Remove duck breast and drain fat, Save fat for another use – great to roast potatoes with.
- Raise temperature to high, when hot seal skin side of duck breast until browned, turn and place pan in oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in a warm spot to rest for 4 minutes.
- Blanche green beans in rapidly boiling salted water then refresh in ice bath to stop cooking process.
- Thinly slice duck breast.
- Mix lemon juice, cherry juice, olive oil, salt & pepper to create seasoning.
- Dress radicchio and green beans with dressing, place onto plate, top with slices of duck breast. Scatter cherries & almonds over dish and drizzle with a little of the remaining dressing.
The pickled Adelaide Hills cherries are part of our The Retreat produce range sold in the Chapel Hill cellar door. Seasonal preserves, pickles and jams, as well as deviled Willunga almonds and our own house blend of Dukkah.
This recipe would be perfectly matched with-